Food to Finish Program
Tidewater Community College’s Food to Finish Program gives currently enrolled TCC students access to shop for fresh produce, meats and other groceries at our downtown campus, enabling them to save money for other necessities and maintain focus on academics.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The Food to Finish program allows currently enrolled TCC students to shop in the Community Feed at Community Feed at TCC marketplace for up to 30 pounds of food each week.
- No payment is required when shopping in the marketplace. The goal is to reduce financial stress on students who are managing personal responsibilities and academic progress.
- You can shop for groceries before, in between, or after class to help supplement your and your family’s food needs.
- To promote the safety and well-being of the Food to Finish Market participants and employees:
- Appointments are required to shop in the market and should be made at least 24 hours in advance of your visit.
- Students are allowed entry inside the market, using all established safety protocols.
- Food distribution to Food to Finish participants will be prepackaged.
How does it work?
- Complete the Food to Finish application form to be eligible. If you have already submitted an application during a previous semester, you do not need to apply again.
- Once the application is submitted, you will receive a food to finish voucher/card that will allow you to shop in the Community Feed marketplace for up to 30 pounds each week (based on availability).
- Book an appointment to pick up your items. The Community Feed at TCC is located on the second floor of the McArthur Center Mall.
When visiting the Community Feed at TCC marketplace, please ensure you have an appointment.
Should you have questions about TCC’s Food to Finish Program, please contact us at CommunityFeed@tcc.edu.