Find financial assistance and local help
Single Stop, a non-profit organization, is a one-stop shop that can connect you with a variety of free and comprehensive social services and financial resources you may need to stay focused on your academic goals.
Single Stop connects students with critical needs to resources they need to overcome financial barriers. These resources include:
- Benefits Screening – Learn whether you qualify for federal and state benefits, like food and nutrition programs (SNAP, WIC), health insurance (CHIP, Medicaid), cash, utilities, and transportation assistance. Single Stop staff can also help you apply for these benefits.
- Tax Preparation – Meet with a certified tax preparer to help maximize your tax credits and refund and have your taxes filed for free.
- Health Care Enrollment – Explore health care insurance options and find help with enrolling and/or renewing your coverage.
- Financial Education – Establish and achieve your financial goals with guidance in budgeting, banking, credit counseling, and debt management.
- Legal Counseling – On-site experts can provide guidance with public benefits, housing, utilities, employment, and immigration issues.
- Referral Services – Extra needs? Staff will connect you with additional on-campus and external services and resources.
Connect with Single Stop
Once you submit your profile, a staff member will reach out to review your results and help determine the assistance you could receive at no cost.