Tidewater Community Colleges offers a variety of testing services for students and the community. Testing Centers are available on each of our 4 campuses.
- Proctored exams, including makeup exams, online/hybrid course exams, and accommodations
- Assessment examinations required for nursing and other programs
- Placement testing for new students and ESL students
- GED exam
- Credit by examination tests to give students an opportunity to receive college credit for what they already know
- Professional testing for industry credential requirements
Placement tests, proctored exams, NAS2 challenge exams, and HESI-A2 tests are offered at all Testing Center locations. Certain exams are offered only at specific Testing Centers, and may have additional requirements.
Testing Center rules and procedures
- A valid photo ID (such as a driver’s license, military ID, passport, personal identification card from the DMV) and your Student ID number are required to take any exam in the Testing Center. Some tests require 2 forms of ID.
- Cell phone use is strictly prohibited.
- Children, food, and beverages are not allowed.
- All placement tests must be started at least 3 hours prior to closing. We recommend you take the English and math placement tests at different times.
- All proctored exams must be started at least 2 hours before closing.
- All exams must be completed and will be collected 15 minutes before closing.
- Resources for Placement Testing
- Chesapeake Campus Testing Center
- Norfolk Campus Testing Center
- Portsmouth Campus Testing Center
- Virginia Beach Campus Testing Center
- Earn college credit from standardized exams
- Placement testing
- Certification and Other Exams
- IT Challenge Exam for College Credit
- Placement testing for ESL students
Testing Center locations & hours
Certain exams are offered only at specific Testing Centers, and may have additional requirements.