Established in 1993, the Women’s Center serves as a resource on women’s issues and works to promote an atmosphere of diversity
TCC’s Women’s Center offers comprehensive, specialized services to educate, empower, and engage students so they can define, pursue and achieve their academic and personal goals.
The Center and its programs and services are open to all students without regard to gender.
THE WOMEN’S CENTER OFFERS EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS AND SERVICES RELATED TO:
- Leadership development
- Career and professional development
- Empowerment and personal development
- Healthy relationships and personal safety
- Campus and computer resources and referrals
- Returning student support
Special Programs include:
- Career development – Through our Career Speaker Series and site visits, students are encouraged to explore their career interests. Our programs focus on nontraditional fields and STEM careers.
- Coaching and mentoring – Pairs students with professionals for one-on-one discussion
- Mother’s rooms
- Portsmouth Campus – Student Center ES21
- Norfolk Campus – Student Center 5306
- Virginia Beach Campus – Princess Anne Building, Room A-101
- TCC STEM Promise Program
- The Women’s Center Advisory Council (WCAC) – The Center also sponsors special events at the college in celebration of Women’s History Month in March, develops special programming for Intimate Partner Violence in October, campaigns for Sexual Assault Awareness Month in April and hosts the annual Women’s Leadership Breakfast each spring.
- Women Inspiring Self-Empowerment (W.I.S.E.) – Prepares students for leadership and civic engagement with mentorship and service projects. Applications for the 2019-20 cohort will be available in August.
The Women’s Center at Tidewater Community College offers comprehensive, specialized services to educate, empower, enhance and engage students so they can define, pursue and achieve their academic, professional, and personal goals. The Center is a leader and resource on women’s unique interests and is committed to advocating for equality and social justice for all. The Center provides a safe environment and creates a campus culture for students to exchange ideas, network and advocate for these goals.
Hours & Locations
Hours of operation:
Chesapeake Campus: Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Norfolk Campus: Monday-Thursday 9 a.m. – 3 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Portsmouth Campus: Contact Virginia Beach Campus for hours.
Virginia Beach Campus: Monday- Thursday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
George Pass Building,
1428 Cedar Road,
Chesapeake, VA 23322
Room 5306 (3rd floor)
310 Granby Street,
Norfolk, VA 23510
120 Campus Drive, Portsmouth, VA 23701
Building A (Princess Anne),
1700 College Crescent,
Virginia Beach, VA 23453