We're here to help
Advisors can help address issues related to career decisions, academic difficulty, time management and other obstacles that can hinder student success. Plan to meet with an advisor at least once per semester, especially during your first few semesters at TCC and as you near graduation.
Academic advisors can help you:
- complete your degree or certificate
- consider possible careers and programs that might be a good fit
- choose courses that will satisfy your degree or educational goals
- address academic concerns or issues
- transfer smoothly to another college
- connect with TCC or other community resources to support your success
Find an academic advisor
If you are considering taking courses at TCC or have questions about getting started, please visit any of our advising centers to meet with an academic advisor.
Monday and Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
George Pass Building, Room 141
Andrews Building, Room 1120
Building A, Room 140
Visual Arts Center
340 High St.
Portsmouth, VA 23707
Virginia Beach Campus
Building B (Bayside), Room B207
Can’t make it to campus? Taking classes online? You can also seek assistance through our e-Advising system. Complete this form to be contacted by an e-Advisor.
Regular office hours are:
Monday and Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.