Distance Learning & Technology Committee
The Distance Learning & Technology Committee (DLTC) enhances the quality of distance education at the College.
DLTC Charges for 2018 – 2019
- Produce a list of recommendations that will inform the college-wide implementation of Canvas by participating in VCCS Canvas training, teaching a Spring 2019 course with Canvas, and collecting feedback from the participants of the Fall 2018 Canvas pilot.
- Improving the design and delivery of online courses by updating TCC’s Quality Online Standards and provide recommendations for a review process for online courses.
- Review the online programs and make recommendations for shorter durations when appropriate.
- Research individual, department-wide, and MPS software licenses purchased by TCC to determine what has been purchased, where the software is installed and to recommend a cataloging process that will reduce the number of unnecessary duplicate licenses being purchased when a computer is updated or replaced.
- Chair: Kelly Gillerlain
- Former Chair: Forrest Crock
- Vice Chair: Andrea Pearman
- Secretary: Elisabeth Jakubowski
- Jessica Morales, Chesapeake Faculty
- Julia Arnold, Norfolk Faculty
- Leah Hagedorn, Norfolk Faculty
- Beth Callahan, PAPC
- Iris Wang, Distance Learning
- Amanda Goldstein, Distance Learning
- Bethany Wright, Librarian
- John Morea, Administrative Liaison
- Norris McClain, Adjunct Faculty – Portsmouth
- Deborah Posey, Nursing Faculty – Portsmouth
- Amy Bohrer, Accounting Faculty – Virginia Beach
- Michele Marits, Virginia Beach Faculty
- Christina Felder, Student Representative
Meetings occur at 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Location: 2610 Martin Building, Norfolk Campus
Schedule: October 16, November 20, January 15, 2021, February 19, March 19, April 16, May 14