Distance Learning & Technology Committee
The Distance Learning & Technology Committee (DLTC) enhances the quality of distance education at the College.
DLTC Charges for 2018 – 2019
- Produce a list of recommendations that will inform the college-wide implementation of Canvas by participating in VCCS Canvas training, teaching a Spring 2019 course with Canvas, and collecting feedback from the participants of the Fall 2018 Canvas pilot.
- Improving the design and delivery of online courses by updating TCC’s Quality Online Standards and provide recommendations for a review process for online courses.
- Review the online programs and make recommendations for shorter durations when appropriate.
- Research individual, department-wide, and MPS software licenses purchased by TCC to determine what has been purchased, where the software is installed and to recommend a cataloging process that will reduce the number of unnecessary duplicate licenses being purchased when a computer is updated or replaced.
- Chair: Matthew Watts
- Former Chair: Cameron Russell
- Vice Chair: Forrest Crock
- Secretary: Bill Connor
- Jessica Morales, Chesapeake Faculty
- Jeannie Hopkins, Portsmouth Faculty
- Julia Arnold, Norfolk Faculty
- Leah Hagedorn, Norfolk Faculty
- Katie Robinson, Virginia Beach Faculty
- Michele Marits, Virginia Beach Faculty
- Kelly Gillerlain, PAPC
- Ane Pearman, PAPC
- Beth Callahan, PAPC
- Iris Wang, Distance Learning
- Amanda Goldstein, Distance Learning
- Angela Holley, Student Services
- Marcee Andersen, Dean
- Bethany Wright, Librarian
- John Morea, Administrative Liaison
Meetings occur at 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Location: 2610 Martin Building, Norfolk Campus
Schedule: September 21, October 19, November 16, January 18, February 15, March 15, April 19