The Office of Institutional Effectiveness compiles and updates this publication on an annual basis. The Fact Book provides a variety of data regarding the college mission, enrollments, service area population trends, local high school attendance, graduates, programs and resources. Questions are welcome and should be directed to Curtis Aasen, Vice President of Information Systems and Institutional Effectiveness. Learn more about
2019 College Factbook
Tidewater Community College provides collegiate education and training to adults of all ages and backgrounds, helping them achieve their individual goals and contribute as citizens and workers to the vitality of an increasingly global community.
COMMITMENTS THAT INFORM THE MISSION:
- Open access to high-quality, affordable education to prepare students for transfer to a four-year baccalaureate institution, as well as for entry or advancement in the workforce.
- Cultural diversity as a critically important strength for students to meet the changing needs of a pluralistic, democratic society.
- Lifelong learning to heighten the awareness of students to multiple paths for achievement while helping them pursue the choices most conducive to their individual needs.
- Partnerships and proactive responsiveness to develop cutting-edge programs that meet the changing needs of students and industry, while contributing to the economic, civic, and cultural vitality of the region, the Commonwealth, the nation, and the international community.
- A comprehensive range of programs and services recognized for excellence by leaders of business, industry, and government, and by educators in K-12 education and four-year colleges and universities.
- Access and successful student achievement
- Respect for individuality and a commitment to fostering unique strengths in different people
- Partnership with a range of constituencies
- A vital and engaging learning environment
- Service and accountability
Tidewater Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award the associate degree. Contact the Commission on College at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Tidewater Community College.
Service Area Demographics
- Service Area Population Trends
- 2018 Service Area Population Characteristics
- Residents Enrolled in Service Area Institutions – Fall 2018
- Chesapeake Campus 10-Year Historical Profile
- Norfolk Campus 10-Year Historical Profile
- Portsmouth Campus 10-Year Historical Profile
- Virginia Beach Campus 10-Year Historical Profile
- Graduate Profile 2019
- Top 10 TCC Graduate Institutions 2017 – 18
- Graduate Awards by Curriculum Five-Year Average 2015 – 19
- At a Glance
- Academic Programs for 2018-19 by Campus
- College Student Profile 2018–19
- Annual Enrollment by Campus 2007-08 to 2018-19 (FTES/Headcount)
- Annual Enrollment Regional Automotive Center & Visual Arts Center
- VCCS Annual FTES 2015-16 to 2018-19
- Special Population Enrollment Fall 2016-18 Military and Veterans
- Proportion of Public High School Graduates Attending TCC as Curricular Students (2013 – 2018)
Last edit: 9/23/19