TCC's Office of Educational Accessibility arranges appropriate accommodations in accordance with Section 504 of the 1973 Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amended Act of 1990. All documentation is confidential and is not considered a part of the academic transcript.
Specific services provided to students with documentation of a disability or chronic medical condition may include:
Assistive technology tools are available for students with disabilities to use on campus. Contact your Educational Accessibility Counselor for more information.
How to request accommodations
Counselors on every campus can provide services for students with medical, psychological & learning disabilities. It's the student’s responsibility to make the college aware of a disability and need for accommodation.
- Complete the new student intake form
- Contact your campus educational accessibility counselor and make an appointment. Appointments should be made at least 30 days prior to the first day of classes, when possible. Be sure to complete the Voter Registration Agency Certification form and bring it with you to your appointment.
- Provide documentation of your disability. Note: An IEP or 504 plan alone is not accepted as documentation. View the guidelines for documentation of disabilities.
- Complete an accommodations form. Your educational accessibility counselor will review your documentation and provide you with an accommodations form to present to your instructors.
- Register for classes. Your educational accessibility counselor will help you select courses, plan your academic program and enroll in classes.
- Make arrangements with your instructors. If you decide to request accommodations from your instructors, you should schedule meetings with them about your needs early in the semester.
Accommodations are not retroactive and cannot be used by instructors to adjust grades prior to receipt of the accommodation form. Accommodations cannot be provided by instructors without an Accommodation Form signed by the student and the educational accessibility counselor.
- TCC handbook for students with disabilities
- TCC handbook for students who are deaf or hard-of-hearing
- Report a barrier form - Use this form to report an access barrier, whether physical or electronic
Monday and Tuesday: 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday - Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.