The Instruction Committee:
- Considers, discusses, and makes recommendations on instructional issues that advance the academic mission of the college
- Recommends policy and procedures related to broad academic initiatives to improve instruction and student learning
- Reports through the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Chief Academic Officer
2018-2019 Proposed Charges
- Review and recommend any revisions to policies, procedures, plans, or other relevant documents that are germane to the purpose of the Instruction Committee, e.g., course outlines and course syllabus templates, the General Education Assessment Plan, Policy 2015 Academic Standards.
- Develop and maintain content pertaining to instructional effectiveness for inclusion in the Instructional Resource Repository.
- Facilitate and finalize rubric revisions that align with the college’s new General Education Assessment Plan and associated learning outcomes.
- From the perspective of the Instruction Committee’s purpose and role in shared governance, make recommendations for changes to the committee’s 2019‐20 bylaws (including name, purpose, mission, and membership) to align with the college’s efforts around Guided Pathways. Include the purpose behind any recommended changes, and seek the input of college stakeholders and constituents when necessary or appropriate. Any changes must adhere to the processes set forth by the General Guidelines for Shared Governance System created by the PAPC and documented on the TCC website.
- From the perspective of Instruction Committee’s purpose and function at TCC:
- Review and document the previous strategic plan for strengths and weaknesses;
- Make recommendations for developing the next strategic plan including (but not limited to) best practices for college wide engagement to adequately represent the unique perspectives and role of the committee.
- Make recommendations for ensuring that the Performance Funding Metrics and Student Progression Markers are incorporated into the strategic plan.
2019-2020 Proposed Charges
- Facilitate and finalize Professional Readiness rubric revisions that align with the college’s new General Education Assessment Plan.
- Review TCC data and related research on the adoption of Open Educational Resources (OER). Recommend strategies for OER adoption at TCC.
- Collaborate with DLTC to reword segments in current TCC syllabus template for online and hybrid courses.
Academic Year 2019-2020
- 2019: September 6 (C), October 4 (VB), November 1 (C), December 6 (N)
- 2020: January 3 (P), February 7 (VB), March 20 Meeting and Retreat (C), April 3 (N), May 1 (P)
2019 – 2020
2018 – 2019
2017 – 2018
2016 – 2017
2015 – 2016
2014 – 2015
The Instruction Committee is allowed up to three teaching faculty members appointed by the PAPC and, if necessary, the PAPC is directed to use the appointments to ensure that each campus has at least one Faculty Representative on the committee.
- Chair(s): Debra Dart (P), Public Services
- Jessica Morales (C), Natural Sciences
- Angela Bell (B), Health Professions
- Michael Blankenship (C), English
- Lisa Carter (B), Information Systems
- Jennifer Ferguson (N), Director of General Education Assessment and Transfer Partnerships
- Sydney Gordon (B), Libraries
- Glenn Fox (C), Social Sciences
- Steve Litherland (District), AVP Libraries, Past Chair, Ex-Officio
- Victoria Proffitt (P), Mathematics
- Angela Slaughter (P), Business Management