Faculty Professional Development Committee
The Faculty Professional Development Committee reviews and recommends opportunities for faculty to enhance their teaching and learning.
Proposed FPDC Charges 2018-19
- Plan and execute faculty-led professional development events, including a 2018 Faculty Development Day (or alternate event(s)) and the 2019 Learning Institute.
- Review the proceedings and design of the New Faculty Academy and Adjunct Faculty Academy to assess and ensure their sustainability.
- Research and provide professional development resources and/or events in anticipation of the college’s transition from Blackboard to Canvas as a learning management system.
- Research best practices for course evaluations to determine their value and content, best method of delivery, and acceptable rate of response; recommend changes based on research.
- Determine the role of Batten Centers in relation to faculty professional development needs, and propose a solution to address faculty needs.
Faculty Professional Development Committee members are elected to serve two-year terms with a second two-year term possible if re-elected.
2018 – 2019 Members
- Jeanne Hopkins (P) – Public and Professional Services Pathway
- VACANT – Business Pathway
- Sandra Weber (B) – Maritime and Skilled Trades Pathway
- David Wright (B) – Engineering, Science, and Mathematics Pathway
- VACANT – Health Professions Pathway
- VACANT – Computer Science and IT Pathway
- VACANT – Manufacturing and Transportation Pathway
- Rhonda Goudy (C) – Social Sciences and Education Pathway
- Tom Geary (B) – Arts & Humanities Pathway
- Vy Calhoun (C) – Adjunct Faculty, Political Science
- Cheryl Nabati (B) – Librarian
- Tiffany Putman (B) – Counseling
- Jenefer Snyder (P) – Academic Dean, Languages, Mathematics and Sciences
- John Morea (D) – Academic Liaison
First Tuesday of each month.
2018 – 2019
2017 – 2018
2016 – 2017
2015 – 2016
2014 – 2015