Faculty Professional Development Committee
The Faculty Professional Development Committee reviews and recommends opportunities for faculty to enhance their teaching and learning.
Proposed FPDC Charges 2020-21
- Implement revival of Tidewater Community College Batten Fellow. The Fellow will be selected during a competitive process whereby applicants meet pre-defined criteria and submit a proposal that aligns with ongoing college-wide initiatives, and will affect significant teaching innovations and improve student performance.
- Conduct Evaluation Kit survey response review recommending deployment, questions and participation mandates. Coordinate with Instruction Committee as necessary.
- Provide direct support, organize, and promote the Learning Institute.
- Act as an advisory committee to direct faculty Academies and resources.
- Produce guidance to ensure diverse and inclusive college professional development offerings.
- Collaborate and build relationships with local, regional, and/or statewide professional development groups to extend opportunities to faculty.
- Analyze, develop, and provide implementation strategies for professional development opportunities for dual enrollment faculty.
Faculty Professional Development Committee members are elected to serve two-year terms with a second two-year term possible if re-elected.
2020 – 2021 Members
- Jeanne Hopkins (P) (Chair) – Public and Professional Services Pathway
- VACANT – Maritime and Skilled Trades Pathway
- David Wright (B) – Engineering, Science, and Mathematics Pathway
- Katie Disanto (B) (Recorder)– – Health Professions Pathway
- Carolyn Satz (C) – Computer Science and IT Pathway
- VACANT – Manufacturing and Transportation Pathway
- Renee Hosang-Alleyne (N) – Social Sciences and Education Pathway
- Tom Geary (B) – Arts & Humanities Pathway
- Kevon Easley (C) – Adjunct Faculty
- Stephanie “Missy” Comer (C) – Librarian
- Tiffany Putman (B) – Counseling
- Jenefer Snyder (P) – Pathway Dean
- John Morea (D) – Academic Liaison
First Tuesday of each month.
2018 – 2019
2017 – 2018
2016 – 2017
2015 – 2016
2014 – 2015