Faculty Professional Development Committee
The Faculty Professional Development Committee reviews and recommends opportunities for faculty to enhance their teaching and learning.
2022 – 2023 Charges
1. Support the Tidewater Community College Batten Fellowship and the Ad Hoc Selection Committee to ensure a competitive fellowship process through promotion, workshops, and guidance for applicants and selected fellows.
2. Organize, promote, and provide direct support for the Learning Institute and Faculty Development Day.
3. Act as the New Faculty Academy advisory committee and facilitate the creation of an evaluation for New Faculty Academy participants.
4. Define the functional partnership between the FPDC and the Center for Teaching Excellence; the DEI council; TCC libraries and tutoring; Distance Learning; and the Faculty Senate Professional Development Committee.
5. Review for currency and accuracy the committee website, by-laws, membership, meeting minutes and reports.
Faculty Professional Development Committee members are elected to serve two-year terms with a second two-year term possible if re-elected.
2022 – 2023 Members
- Renee Hosang-Alleyne (N) (Chair) – Social Sciences and Education Pathway
- Jeanne Hopkins (P) – Public and Professional Services Pathway
- Anthony Jones (P) – Engineering, Maritime and Skilled Trades Pathway
- VACANT – Science and Mathematics Pathway
- VACANT – Health Professions Pathway
- Carolyn Satz (C) – Computer Science and IT Pathway
- VACANT – Manufacturing and Transportation Pathway
- Tom Geary (B) (Recorder) – Arts & Humanities Pathway
- VACANT – Adjunct Faculty
- Stephanie “Missy” Comer (C) – Librarian
- VACANT – Counseling
- Jenefer Snyder (D) – Academic Liaison
- VACANT – Pathway Dean
- Monica McFerrin (B) – Faculty Academy Liaison
- John Morea (D) – Academic Liaison
First Tuesday of each month.
2018 – 2019
2017 – 2018
2016 – 2017
2015 – 2016
2014 – 2015