Faculty Professional Development Committee
The Faculty Professional Development Committee reviews and recommends opportunities for faculty to enhance their teaching and learning.
Proposed FPDC Charges 2021-22
- Support the continued revival of Tidewater Community College Batten Fellowship and the Ad Hoc Selection Committee by hosting a workshop to solicit strong applications and ensure a competitive fellowship process and providing guidance for current Batten Fellow to meet fellowship requirements and scheduled timeline goals.
- Organize, promote, and provide direct support for the Learning Institute and Faculty Development Day.
- Act as the Faculty Academy advisory committee.
- In partnership with the Faculty Professional Development Committee and the Director of Institutional Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion, develop and implement professional development focused on DE&I pedagogical strategies at Faculty Academy.
- Collaborate and build relationships with local, regional, and/or statewide professional development groups to extend opportunities to faculty.
- Analyze access to professional development opportunities for dual enrollment faculty and provide recommendations for improvement if needed.
- Create an evaluation for Faculty Academy participants.
- Research and begin to develop Faculty Learning Communities to nurture collaboration, mentorship, and innovation.
Faculty Professional Development Committee members are elected to serve two-year terms with a second two-year term possible if re-elected.
2021 – 2022 Members
- Jeanne Hopkins (P) (Chair) – Public and Professional Services Pathway
- Anthony Jones (P) – Maritime and Skilled Trades Pathway
- VACANT – Engineering, Science, and Mathematics Pathway
- Katie Disanto (B) (Recorder)– – Health Professions Pathway
- Carolyn Satz (C) – Computer Science and IT Pathway
- VACANT – Manufacturing and Transportation Pathway
- Renee Hosang-Alleyne (N) – Social Sciences and Education Pathway
- Tom Geary (B) – Arts & Humanities Pathway
- VACANT – Adjunct Faculty
- Stephanie “Missy” Comer (C) – Librarian
- Tiffany Putman (B) – Counseling
- Jenefer Snyder (P)
- VACANT (P) – Pathway Dean
- Monica McFerrin (B) – Faculty Academy Liaison
- Amanda Goldstein (D) – Ex-officio
- John Morea (D) – Academic Liaison
First Tuesday of each month.
2018 – 2019
2017 – 2018
2016 – 2017
2015 – 2016
2014 – 2015