General Education Committee
The General Education Committee:
- Improves the quality and relevance of the College’s general education curriculum
- Considers new courses for inclusion as general education and approved transfer elective courses
- Performs periodic reviews of these courses to ensure they are continuing to satisfy required core competencies and transfer suitability
- Reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs & Chief Academic Officer
2019 – 2020
- Utilize instructional data to make recommendations regarding general education course usage.
- Recommend pathway strategies to improve student progression at 12 credit hours and 24 credit hours.
- Follow-up on recommendations made by the GEC in 2018-2019 regarding Social Science courses.
- Chair: David Kiracofe, Critical Thinking
- Sandra Bryant, Professional Readiness
- Debra Duffy, Scientific Literacy
- Jennifer Ferguson, Director of General Education Assessment & Transfer Partnerships
- Heather Fitzgerald, Recorder, Librarians
- Rhonda Goudy, Counselors
- Elizabeth Harris, Adjuncts
- Lara Tedrow, Civic Engagement
- Douglas Thiele, Written Communication
Meetings for the 2020-2021 academic year will take place on the second Friday of the month from 1pm – 2:30pm.
Please be advised this schedule may be adapted to accommodate TCC’s operating schedule. Meetings are typically held at the Chesapeake Campus, New Academic Building, Room 4318, but during COVID meeting will be virtual via Zoom.
Upcoming dates for 2020-2021 are as follows:
- September 11
- October 9
- November 13
- December 4
- January 15
- February 12
- March 19
- April 9
- May 14
- General Education Course Proposal Guidelines
- General Education Course Proposal Form (New proposals only)
- General Education Course Selection and Review (Instructions for submitting documentation for course reviews)
- General Education Assessment Resource System (GEARS)
- Video Instructions for Submitting Documentation for Course Review(s)