General Education Committee
The General Education Committee:
- Improves the quality and relevance of the College’s general education curriculum
- Considers new courses for inclusion as general education and approved transfer elective courses
- Performs periodic reviews of these courses to ensure they are continuing to satisfy required core competencies and transfer suitability
- Reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs & Chief Academic Officer
2018 – 2019
- Review and recommend any revisions to policies, procedures, plans, or other relevant documents that are germane to the purpose of the General Education Committee; assist in drafting new policy and procedures, if needed.
- Develop a (vision) statement concerning general education as applied to the Guided Pathways.
- Undertake a process of review of General Education Transfer Elective Courses.
- Review content in Pathways within Implementation Phase I for alignment with general education competencies.
- Chair: David Kiracofe, Critical Thinking
- Sandra Bryant, Professional Readiness
- Debra Duffy, Scientific Literacy
- Jennifer Ferguson, Director of General Education Assessment & Transfer Partnerships
- Heather Fitzgerald, Recorder, Librarians
- Greg Frank, Dean
- Rhonda Goudy, Counselors
- Elizabeth Harris, Adjuncts
- Don Mendonsa, Quantitative Literacy
- Lara Tedrow, Civic Engagement
- Douglas Thiele, Written Communication
Meetings for the 2019-2020 academic year will take place on the second Friday of the month from 12:30-2pm.
Unless otherwise necessary to make quorum, meetings will be held at the Chesapeake Campus, New Academic Building, Room 4318.
Upcoming dates for 2019-2020 are as follows:
- September 13
- October 11
- November 8
- December 13
- January 10
- February 14
- March 13
- April 10
- May 8