General Education Committee
The General Education Committee:
- Improves the quality and relevance of the College’s general education curriculum
- Considers new courses for inclusion as general education and approved transfer elective courses
- Performs periodic reviews of these courses to ensure they are continuing to satisfy required core competencies and transfer suitability
- Reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs & Chief Academic Officer
2019 – 2020
- Utilize instructional data to make recommendations regarding general education course usage.
- Recommend pathway strategies to improve student progression at 12 credit hours and 24 credit hours.
- Follow-up on recommendations made by the GEC in 2018-2019 regarding Social Science courses.
- Chair: David Kiracofe, Critical Thinking
- Sandra Bryant, Professional Readiness
- Debra Duffy, Scientific Literacy
- Jennifer Ferguson, Director of General Education Assessment & Transfer Partnerships
- Heather Fitzgerald, Recorder, Librarians
- Greg Frank, Dean
- Rhonda Goudy, Counselors
- Elizabeth Harris, Adjuncts
- Don Mendonsa, Quantitative Literacy
- Lara Tedrow, Civic Engagement
- Douglas Thiele, Written Communication
Meetings for the 2019-2020 academic year will take place on the second Friday of the month from 1pm – 2:30pm.
Unless otherwise necessary to make quorum, meetings will be held at the Chesapeake Campus, New Academic Building, Room 4318.
Upcoming dates for 2019-2020 are as follows:
- September 13
- October 11
- November 8
- December 13
- January 24
- February 14
- March 20
- April 10
- May 8